The neck and decolletage area is often overlooked when it comes to skincare. Unfortunately, this can lead to signs of premature aging like wrinkles, sagging, and discoloration. It's important to take extra care of your neck and decolletage skin for a healthy, youthful appearance.
Aging on the neck and decolletage is caused by a combination of factors, including sun exposure, reduced collagen production, hormonal changes, and gravity. Prolonged time looking down at screens can also contribute to these signs of aging - often referred to as "tech neck".
Here are some tips for keeping your neck and decolletage looking youthful:
- Protect your skin from the sun. Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 whenever you're outdoors - yes summer AND winter AND spring AND fall! 365, friends!
- Cleanse and moisturize the area every day. You can choose products specifically formulated for the neck and decollete or you can use what you're already using on your face - either works great!
- Use a retinol or glycolic acid cream to promote collagen production and reduce wrinkles.
- Get regular professional treatments such as microneedling, rezenerate (our RezSignature facial is a fave!) or chemical peels to repair damage and improve skin tone.
- To prevent tech neck, make sure you are taking regular breaks from screens throughout the day and avoid hunching over your phone. Even better, keep your tech at eye level so you aren't even bending improperly! Doing neck stretching every hour can help prevent issues and improve posture.
What questions do you have about treating neck and decollete skin? Email me via the link below or follow me on Insta and DM me there!